Other than the obvious benefits of fewer fingersticks per day, the ability to give insulin whenever spontaneous events arise, and quicker adjustments for changes in activity, a pump offers other benefits and conveniences:
- better insulin delivery
- more convenience and flexibility
- greater precision
- more reliable insulin action
- easier problem solving
- less hypoglycemia and hypoglycemia awareness
- fewer morning highs
Insulin pumps have many advantages, but they are also mechanical devices that depend on several components to work properly. Like any device, a pump requires a conscientious user to go through a learning curve in order to make it work properly. Take a look at our guides for Pump Preparation and Handling Pump Problems
Useful Pump Life Links
- Heart And Soul Of An Insulin Pump
Paul Schickling, RPh, CDE
- Check out our list of pump accessories that we carry in our online store.
- Pump People
- Visit Insulin-Pumpers.org the largest support forum in the world for the users of insulin pumps.