The OneTouch Ping was a pump from the Animas Corporation. It was a glucose management system that included an insulin pump and a glucose meter-remote. The two devices communicated wirelessly with each other. Users could calculate insulin doses and deliver boluses through the glucose meter-remote or manually on the pump.
OneTouch Ping was a collaborative effort between two of the companies in Johnson & Johnson’s Diabetes Care Group: Animas, which manufactures insulin pumps, and LifeScan, which makes the OneTouch brand of glucose meters and test strips.
What are the pump’s features?
- flat panel, self-illuminating, color screen
- available in 5 colors
- the pump can be clipped to a belt, tucked in a pocket or secured under clothing
- waterproof in up to 12 feet of water for 24 hours
- lowest basal increments (0.025 u/hr) and lowest bolus increments (0.05 u) currently available on an insulin pump
- uses OneTouch Ultra test strips
- works with ezManager® MAX Diabetes Management Software and is compatible with the OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software
- works with Mac OSX and PCs, including Vista
- built-in 500-item CalorieKing® food database
- all pump accessories, except the leather case, for the 2020 will fit the OneTouch Ping
- Extra device compared to Deltec, but the Deltec system is larger.
- Pump is larger than small meters
This is a slick system for pump wearers who want to give boluses remotely and discreetly. It brings pump wearers closer to ensuring that all boluses are read into pump data.
|Dimensions [mm]||50.8 x 82.55 x 21.59|
|Volume||5.525 ci 90.54 cc|
|Weight [oz]||3.9 oz|
|Reservoir Size||200 plastic|
|Screen Size||992 sq mm color screen|
|Colors||Blue, Silver, Black, Pink, Green|
|Basal Interval||30 min|
|Basal Delivery||Varies, 0.2 u/hr every 3 minutes|
|Temp Basal||90% to +200% in increments of 10% for 0.5 to 24 hours (30 min increments)|
|Bolus Increments||0.05 Visual or 0.1, 1.0 or 5.0 audio|
|Yes, carbohydrate and blood glucose values can be entered into the pump or meter-remote|
|Bolus Type||Units or Carbs: standard, extended or combination|
|1u bolus duration||1 or 3 sec|
|Battery||Pump uses 1 AA lithium or AA alkaline|
|Battery Life||4-6 weeks with lithium, 2-4 weeks with alkaline|
|Software Download||ezManager® Max downloads in 3 minutes with dongle and software that are available at Animas|
|Waterproof||12 ft for 24 hours|
See information for the older Animas pumps.