Thread: Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease

Default Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease

Cleveland Clinic will host an online health chat on Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease*on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 12 noon (EST). The chat will be led by Dr. Stanley Hazen, the Head of the Section for Preventive Cardiology & Rehabilitation, Director for the Center for Cardiovascular Diagnostics and Prevention, and staff physician in the Departments of Cell Biology and Cardiovascular Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. During this chat, Dr. Hazen will answer questions about heart and vascular disease risk factors, prevention and how to live a heart healthy life.

Dr. Hazen is board certified as a Diplomat of both the American Board of Internal Medicine and the National Board of Medical Examiners. He has completed additional training in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He sees patients within the Preventive Cardiology Clinic, specializing in care of patients with hyperlipidemia, diabetes and hypertension. His research interests include understanding the role of inflammation and oxidant stress in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and other inflammatory diseases. He is an expert in the biochemistry of leukocyte peroxidases, free radicals and reactive oxygen species and mechanisms of oxidative damage.

More information on this chat can be found at http://www.clevelandclinic.org/healt...Reg/hazen.html

The transcript for this chat will be available on ClevelandClinic.org a few days after the event.

cynthia123 Guest

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs
    to be appreciated by everyone.

Cynthia Kurtz
    grapefruit diet
    Is the grapefruit diet the same as a grapefruit juice cleanse?

tomster Guest

Default Good book

One of my insurance company's nurses told me about a very good book, Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease, by Caldwell Esselstyn. I have been trying to follow it, and find it really good and effective. I had no idea heart disease was such a big problem for Type I people who have good cholesterol and keep in very good condition(I run marathons). But I had a heart attack 2 years ago, and now really try to concentrate on this. My cholesterol was 145 when I had my heart attack, and my doctor told me, after the fact, that this was too high. Now it is 100, and that is considered "all right but not great".

I think the need of creating the awareness about the serious diseases is required for people and this post works for that,very nice link and very good expert view to understand the disease phenomenon.
    Last edited by Richards1; 05-24-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Ianna Guest

Default Hi

Hello. My visitors have been asking about this, do you mind if I re-print this on my forum? I will of course give full credit to this site, and I will link to you if you like. Thanks.

nice Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease