YIELD: Serves 4
Calories: 250; Carbohydrates: 20g; Protein: 28g; Fat: 7g; Saturated fats: 3g; Sodium: 111g.
1 Pork Tenderloin (about 1 pound)
2 C. Granny Smith apples, sliced
1 C. plain yogurt
½ C. apple juice
¼ C. sliced green onions or shallots
2 T. unbleached, all-purpose flour
½ t. sage
2 T. chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, sauté green onions or shallots for 1 minute over medium low heat.
2. Stir in flour and sage, mixing until smooth.
3. Add yogurt and apple juice, slowly, stirring until thickened.
4. Place pork tenderloin in 9 ½ X 13 Pyrex ® glass dish.
5. Pour sauce over pork tenderloin.
6. Tuck apple slices in, partially under pork tenderloin and sauce.
7. Sprinkle with chives.
8. Cover dish and place in oven.
9. Bake, covered until pork is tender, about 55 minutes.
10. Remove pork tenderloin and slice lengthwise into approximately ½ inch pieces.