By William Polonsky, PhD, CDE,
Do you get depressed about having to deal with diabetes day in and day out? Do you worry about complications, get angry about the never-ending chore of self-care, and get frustrated by poor results when it feels like you've worked so hard?
If so, you may be suffering from "diabetes burnout" – and you're not alone.
This book addresses not only your frustrations, but also how burnout may contribute to poor self-care, high blood glucose, and later complications. A series of interactive questionnaires an self-evaluations guide you toward overcoming the barriers to good control. Worksheets help you to assess your motivational level and establish a successful plan of action.
Diabetes Burnout addresses such issues as:
- Ten good reasons to hate blood sugar monitoring (and what to do about them)
- Worrying about long-term complications: the uses and misuses of fear
- Depression and diabetes: a tough combination
- Friends and family: the diabetes police
- How stress influences diabetes (and what you can do about it)
- and more!
Cover price: $18.95, 5.5" x 8.5", 368 pages, 1999.