- Roll over image to zoom in
Product Code: 9781580400336
By William Polonsky, PhD, CDE,
Do you get depressed about having to deal with diabetes day in and day out? Do you worry about complications, get angry about the never-ending chore of self-care, and get frustrated by poor results when it feels like you've worked so hard?
If so, you may be suffering from "diabetes burnout" – and you're not alone.
This book addresses not only your frustrations, but also how burnout may contribute to poor self-care, high blood glucose, and later complications. A series of interactive questionnaires an self-evaluations guide you toward overcoming the barriers to good control. Worksheets help you to assess your motivational level and establish a successful plan of action.
Diabetes Burnout addresses such issues as:
- Ten good reasons to hate blood sugar monitoring (and what to do about them)
- Worrying about long-term complications: the uses and misuses of fear
- Depression and diabetes: a tough combination
- Friends and family: the diabetes police
- How stress influences diabetes (and what you can do about it)
- and more!
Cover price: $18.95, 5.5" x 8.5", 368 pages, 1999.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: